In this decisive decade, UBCO is unlocking off-road adventure for more people than ever before – and we are on the cusp of the ride of our lives! Our expanding intelligent electric adventure vehicle (EAV) platform is increasingly being used by a diverse audience anyone from campers, surfers and trail blazers to food delivery providers, urban commuters, and last-minute shoppers. Originating and headquartered in New Zealand, UBCO now has key locations in the US, Taiwan, UK, and New Zealand, and is embarking on a major step change in growth.
The core values at UBCO reflect our beliefs, fundamental driving forces, and priorities. We follow and live by Unlock, Build, Connect and Own.
UNLOCK your potential
As a valued member of our Global Customer Experience team, the role of the Customer Support Agent will be responsible for supporting our online customers and dealer network.
You’ll work alongside a fun team of individuals who work together to provide our rider community with outstanding customer support experience by providing information and solutions to product and service inquiries and issues.
In this role, you’ll provide providing fast, accurate and personalized communication to UBCO riders through email and phone. You’ll solve customer issues by developing technical expertise in relevant product areas and troubleshooting a diverse range of customer issues.
This is a great position for individuals who have an interest in electric vehicles and outdoor adventures and would like to be a part of an exciting growth company.
OWN Customer Service
- Provide support for our community of riders and adventurers
- Alongside our Technical Team, provide problem-solving assistance to our network of dealers and repairers
- Provide fast, accurate and personalized communication via email and phone
- Collaborate and connect with our global customer support teams in NZ, USA, Europe, UK and Australia.
- Work closely alongside UBCO Sales Teams and Operations Teams.
- Process and authorize warranty claim requests
- Solve problems, communicate effectively, and collaborate with other UBCO team members to remove any barriers for the customer
- Conduct appropriate research, take ownership, and follow through for prompt resolution for customers.
- Contribute to the success of the company by maintaining and supporting strong customer relations
- Provide feedback, insights and data to the product development and quality teams to influence companywide product improvements
BUILD on your experience
To be successful in this role you likely have:
- 1 - 3 years' Experience in a customer facing role
- Professionalism, Patience and a “People-First” attitude
- Experience working in a fast-paced company or high-growth industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Strong communicator, proficient in both verbal and written
- Quick learner with attention to detail.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills are essential
- “Can-do” attitude and a willingness to help out other teams where required
It would be nice if you have
- Experience with CRM software systems
- Experience providing technical service support for electric vehicles, bikes and technology
- A flair for learning new technology or a background in an automotive company
- Proficient in both verbal and written, multiple languages
CONNECT to the ride of your life
- Set your sights high with significant career development opportunities in a company on the cusp of remarkable growth.
- Help grow a meaningful business from the early stages with an ambitious group of like-minded innovators.
- Zip out to the beach, the nature park or up to the shops, on one of our 2X2s from our idyllic location in Tauranga
- Engage widely with our global company footprint, building lasting relationships with diverse, exceptional minds, around the world.
- See your work come to life, being loved, and used in the most unusual places worldwide from the desert to the arctic, and everything in between.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skill set
- 11 paid Holidays while the office is closed
- 25 days (5 weeks) of paid time off in a year
- 16 weeks paid New parent leave
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work anywhere from the US
- 100% company paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid laptop
- An office stacked with healthy snacks and drinks
- A chance to test out Electric Adventure Vehicles in the industry
- Steep Employee discount to purchase 2X2's
UBCO is committed to an environment of mutual respect and inclusion, representative of all backgrounds and abilities. We celebrate the differences of our teammates and are a proud ally in our diversity goal as an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at UBCO are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, or gender identity. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact our local office.